Neutralhazer under Mac
IMPOSSIBLE TO INSTALL THE PLUG-IN, MANUAL INSTALL
If for any reason, Neutralhazer plug-in installation does not succeed or plug-in is missing once install program has complete, please browse to Photoshop or Photoshop Elements installation folder tree and ensure Filters folder is present.
Default installation path is:
/Applications/Adobe Photoshop <VERSION> (example:"/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS6" or "/Applications/Adobe Photoshop Elements 13")
If you cannot find Photoshop at this location, please browse to applications preferences folder /Users/<USER>/Library/Preferences/ and check content of Photoshop path file called "Adobe Photoshop <VERSION> Paths" (ex: "Adobe Photoshop CS6 Paths" or "Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 Paths") to find where Photoshop is installed in your system.
Check if Filters folder exists, and create it if it is missing
- Photoshop: /Applications/Adobe Photoshop <VERSION>/Plug-Ins/Filters
- Photoshop Elements: /Applications/Adobe Photoshop <VERSION>/Support Files/Plug-Ins/Filters
Run again the installer. The plugin should install properly.
- Download the installation file from this link: ftp://autopano.net/releases/Neutralhazer_Mac_Leopard_102_2012-04-26.zip
- The downloaded file contains a folder called Kolor/.
- Copy/Paste this folder (Kolor/) on the following folder: /Applications/<Adobe Photoshop Version>/Plug-Ins/Filters*/.
- After processing, Neutralhazer should be available from the Filter menu on Photoshop.
*If there is no Filters folder, create one.
ERROR MESSAGE WHEN APPLY THE FILTER/ NOT ENOUGH MEMORY
An error message appears when you want to run the image processing with Neutralhazer.
This is due to the use of 32-bit systems and/or software and a too large sized image.
This issue depends on the system specs, as well as the current use (number of tasks computed by the system at that time), so it is very difficult to define a fixed limit on this.
- Boot your Mac in 64bits.
- Close the softwares and background tasks initiated if possible.
- Reduce image size before running the processing of the filter.