Panotour - FAQ - Viewing the tour offline
Why are some plugins missing when viewing the tour from the file system directly?
The tours are made to be viewed online.
Panotour Pro hosts a local server for tour testing that you can use with View last build tour interface button: the tour is delivered via a lightweight built-in web server (as you will see from the localhost: URL shown in your browser address bar).
HTML5 plugins concerned are:
- Gallery › Gallery
- Maps › Floor Plan
- Maps › PanotourMaps
- Menu › Panorama Menu
- Menu › Projections Menu
- Text Zone › Description
- Viewers › PDF Box
- Viewers › Social Share
- Viewers › Web video Box
- Viewers › Website Box
See alternatives to Panotour Pro 2 to launch your tour locally.
How to launch a tour locally from a desktop computer without PTP ?
The easiest way to launch a virtual tour (using the HTML file) from a desktop computer is to use KrPano Testing Server. You can also use the KrPano Testing Server to set up your tour on a CD, DVD, USB Key, etc...
Otherwise, if you are looking for a full offline tour solution, consider using Panotour Viewer.
How to use the krpano Testing Server
The krpano Testing Server is a small, simple and easy-to-use static-file localhost server available for Mac and Windows users. It makes it possible to test your virtual tours exported by Panotour locally without any local-file restrictions and without uploading. Other computers and devices in the local network will be able to view the files. Additionally it's possible to control the browser caching and to limit the download-speed to simulate and test slower Internet-connections. (Related forum post: http://www.kolor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=21223)
2. Double click on the package to extract files from the package
3. Launch the krpano testing server file
4. Krpano Tesing Server is now lauched
5. Click «Browse» to select the export folder
6. Click on the local network address set up by krpano Testing Server
7. Results in your browser with file listing and a tour launched
How does the virtual tour work locally with Flash and HTML5 ?
1. The Basics
- Exported tours from Panotour 2 don't work if launched directly from your file explorer.
- The tour will always be launched from the HTML file outside of the data folder. If you built your tour with Flash incorporated, launching the .swf in the data folder will not work.
- A local web server is needed to browse the tour properly. That's what Panotour 2 does when you launch the View last built tour function. You see the URL starting by:
http://localhost:.......in your browser.
- It is possible to launch a tour without Panotour started, see How to launch a tour locally from a desktop computer ?
2. About Flash viewer
- If you built your tour with Flash, then launching the tour with the .HTML file of your tour, on a webserver or with the View Last Built Tour button, it will start in the Flash viewer automatically.
- When using the Flash viewer locally/offline, then the External Interface of the Flash player is disabled for security reasons by default.
- When using the Flash player 'online', that means when running the Flash player on a
localhostserver), then the external interface is always available.
- The External Interface is necessary and important for:
- Open externals URLs.
- To change the Flashplayer security settings, see the Krpano page on http://krpano.com/docu/localusage/#changesecuritysettings
3. About the HTML5 viewer
- How to test:
- Use the HTML5 setting as URL parameter
- Or add and enable the passQueryParameters setting in the HTML:
- Enter the tour URL and add
?html5=onlyas parameter. For example
Note about Google Chrome: For local testing, Chrome doesn't allow reading local files for security reasons by default. To enable that for testing add
--allow-file-access-from-files as application parameter. See more at http://www.chrome-allow-file-access-from-file.com/
Note about Internet Explorer (10 and higher): For local testing, the IE Browser doesn't allow reading local files for security reasons by default. For local testing the security settings of the browser need to be changed.
For the Flash viewer
For the HTML5 viewer by default
For the HTML5 viewer WebGL
For the HTML5 viewer CSS3D