Panotour Pro 2 - Build tab
The Build Tab is the final step of your tour creation. In this tab you configure your tour export formats and check the summary of your project. Your tour spheres are divided into tiles to optimize quality and speed. You can customize the output settings for the tiles. Panotour Pro can also protect your exported files by encrypting your XML configuration file and make your tour work only on selected domains. A FTP client is included to upload your project files to your web server.
- Folder: Select the export folder in which all your project files will be saved.
- Filename: Enter the filename you wish for the main file of your tour. For many purposes, it is recommended to use «index» for filename.
Run your tour locally Learn how to launch your tour locally from your computer without Panotour Here
- Flash Viewer: Checkbox to enable/disable export for Flash format. Highly recommended if the tour is displayed on desktop computers. Flash viewer does not work on mobiles and tablets devices.
- HTML5 Viewer: Checkbox to enable/disable export for HTML5 format. HTML5 format is intended for use with mobiles and tablets. Desktop computers may not support HTML5 according to the browser used.
- Desktop Devices: Checkbox to enable/disable export compatibility with desktop devices.
- Mobiles Devices: Checkbox to enable/disable export compatibility with mobiles and tablets.
- VR Headset: Generate your tour for HMD (Head Mounted Devices).
- When used, many incompatible tour options are disabled, like autorotation, splash screen, little planet effect, etc.
- Panotour Pro only prepare your tour to be displayed on head mounted devices. You'll need to install the NPVR browser plugin to be able to display it on such device like Oculus for example.
- When VR Headset is checked, desktop and mobile devices are deselected and you cannot be selected.
- HTML Template: Leave «fullpage.html» as is for most usages. For advanced users, you can add and edit html templates in the Edit Menu > Open Templates System Directory > html folder. Learn more about HTML Templates
- Generation Method:
- Default: Smart builder that generates only tiles that has to be generated excepting panoramas with «Do not generate tiles on build» checked (in Pitcure/Panorama Properties > Advanced).
- Generate all panoramas except those marked as "don't generate": Force rebuild of all tiles of panoramas except the ones with «Do not generate tiles on build» checked (See Pitcure/Panorama Properties > Advanced).
- Generate all panoramas: Force rebuild of all panoramas tiles without any condition (May take a while).
- Use Multiresolution: Checkbox to enable/disable multiresolution feature on your tour. Images tiles are loaded according to the user zoom level to get the best optimized quality and speed. Checked by default.
- JPG Quality: Enter the image quality you wish for your tour. 0 is the lowest image quality (fastest web page loading) and 12 is the best image quality (slowest web page loading). Panotour is adjusted to 8 by default which is the best compromise between speed and quality.
- Insert Comments in XML Code: Checkbox to display or not comments in the exported XML configuration files for further developments. Check by default. Uncheck if you don't want to display comments on code.
- Encrypt XML Files: Checkbox to encrypt or not the XML configuration files of your tour. Unchecked by default. Check if you want high security level for your tour.
- Advanced: Restricted Domains: Enter line by line the list of domain names authorized to host your tour. Blank by default means you can put your tour on any website.
- Display Errors at Run Time: Checkbox to show or hide an error list container box if Panotour encounters troubles during the tour play. Checked by default.
You can add several FTP servers to your project.
- Export Generated local Files on FTP Remote Directory: Checkbox to use or not built-in Panotour FTP client to upload your exported files to your webserver. Unchecked by default.
- Add: Click to add a FTP server.
- Delete: Click to delete a FTP server.
- Edit: Click to edit a FTP server.
- Domain: Enter the domain name, for example «ftp.mywebsite.com»
- Port: Leave «21» unless you know what you're doing.
- Login: Enter your login.
- Password: Enter your password.
- Remember the Password: Checkbox to remember or not the password for upload, otherwise you will be prompted for the password each time you build the tour.
- Folder: Enter the server path to which you want to place your tour files.
You have the option of exporting a standalone version of your virtual tour.
Check this option if you want Panotour to build a single .ptv file containing all necessary files for playing the tour without any Internet connection. Use Panotour Viewer (free) to watch the .ptv file (available for desktop, tablet and mobile). Download Panotour Viewer (free) now.
Project : My Tour
A complete summary of your tour with
- Number of groups.
- Number of pictures/panoramas.
- Number panoramas by types.
- Number of spots.
- Number of spots by types.
- Number of links.
- Number of links by types.
HTML5 Player Incompatibilites
List that displays the features included in your tour that are not supported by the HTML5 Player.
See here for the list of features that are currently not supported by the HTML5 Player.