Whether you are an hardcore gamer who needs a tablet to play high-end games or a beginner who wants a large-screen device to run your favorite game without any lags, this list shall assist you with choosing the right tablet for your gaming needs.
One of the reasons why many of us prefer playing games on a tablet over computers/laptops is because of “the satisfactory feel” we get by interacting with the game element directly with our fingers. Besides, purchasing a gaming PC is expensive and smartphones don’t come with enough screen-estate.
Since you’re here, you already know what I’ve written above, the main question you’re looking an answer for is, which gaming tablet to get? I got in touch with 63 professional gamers who have huge follower base on Twitch, YouTube Gaming and based on their opinion, here are the 10 best gaming tablet recommendations.
- Things to Consider
- Minimum and Recommended System Requirements
- 10 Best Tablets For Gaming in 2021
- 1. Best Overall: Apple iPad Pro
- 2. Best Runner Up: Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
- 3. Best For Students: Microsoft Surface Pro 7
- 4. Value For Money: Lenovo Flex 14
- 5. Lightweight Option: Asus ZenPad 3S
- 6. Best For Archade Games: Apple iPad Air
- 7. Best Battery-Life: Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e
- 8. Best With USB Port: Microsoft Surface Go
- 9. Best For Kids: Fire HD 10
- 10. Cheapest Option: Lenovo Smart Tab M10
Things to Consider
Before beginning with the list, here are the aspects you should consider before purchasing a tablet for playing games.
- OS: The two most reputed operating systems are Google Android and Apple (iOS), You can choose either of them depending on the games you want to play and budget.
- Processor: Next, it is essential to pick a tablet with a high-speed processor. Most of the high-end versions are powered by dual-core processors. Many tablets are equipped with ARM or Advanced RISC processing architecture, which are designed by companies like Texas, Nvidia, and Qualcomm. However, Apple designs its processors in the name of the AX chip.
- Display: You are not going to enjoy a rich gaming experience if your tablet lacks high resolution or is small-screened. Screens with AMOLED pixels turn off and on fast and are ideal for moving images. The other hi-tech screen types you can consider are OLED, Retina and LCD.
- Graphics: VRAM or Video Random Access Memory is another vital gaming tablet to consider. The tablet must have enough graphics that efficiently handles the video needs of most games. A minimum of 4GB video memory is needed for a high-resolution game.
- Battery: Finally, the tablet battery must be long-lasting as you would want your device to shut down in the middle of an important gaming move. We suggest picking up a tablet with at least 8 hours of battery life.
Minimum and Recommended System Requirements
|Battery Life||8 hours||10 hours|
10 Best Tablets For Gaming in 2021
To simplify things for you, we have listed the best tablets, which will not only render a rich gaming experience but will also serve you as the best source for entertainment and knowledge.
1. Best Overall: Apple iPad Pro
Equipped with the world’s most advanced mobile display, this Apple’s iPad Pro makes everything look magical, and hence, delivers a wonderful gaming experience. Buying this device would take you to a new world of visuals where you can enjoy more than 100s of games, ads-free.
The 12.9-inches Liquid Retina display with True Tone, ProMotion, and P3 wide color brings the most vivid visuals. The display comes with 1668 x 2388 pixel resolution which makes viewing the gameplay on games like PUBG, Fortnite, Call of Duty, etc very smooth and rich.
The device is integrated with A12Z Bionic chip that outperforms most of the existing modern PCs and offers power through games and pro workflows. Games like Fortnite, PUBG, Ticket to Ride, etc can be played really smoothly on this iPad.
The LIDAR scanner renders an enhanced augmented reality experience allowing you to take ultra-wide shots and edit 4K videos. You can even scan and sign important documents easily.
One of the best things about it is its magic keyboard that comes with back and front protection and delivers the best trackpad and typing experience.
It is a portable and lightweight companion, which you can carry along. Backed with 10 hours battery life and offering Gigabit-class LTE, it will serve you throughout the day in just a single charge. From playing games, designing layouts, to clicking pixel-perfect photos, this product will bring your thoughts to life.
If you’re looking for the best gaming experience on iOS and want to spend a little less, you can consider the iPad Pro 11-inch version a try.
- Ultra-fast GPU
- 10MP ultra-wide camera and 12MP camera
- Advanced security settings
- High-quality microphones and speaker audio
- Supports Smart Keyboard Folio, Apple Pencil, and Magic Keyboard
- Limited ports
2. Best Runner Up: Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
With the Samsung S6 Tablet, you can now enjoy a more personal gaming experience without a PC. This 2-in-1, ultra-slim device performs like a platform and allows seamless switching from one app to the other. As a result, you can play multiple games and perform numerous tasks at once.
With an intuitive S Pen, working, designing, and editing becomes super-convenient. You can enjoy playing games and streaming shows on a spectacular 10.5-inch screen with great surround sound. And all this can be availed throughout the day with its lasting battery life and fast charging mechanism.
It is integrated with Bixby Voice Assistant that listens to all your commands. From changing the next song, checking movie timings, to check new recipes, you can do all of it with your voice command. With its in-display fingerprint scanner, unlocking is very easy and is just a matter of seconds.
Taking high-quality selfies on an ultra-wide 5MP front camera and record vlogs with 13MP wide rear camera is amazing. There is also an 8MP front camera that lets you video chat, present and collaborate impeccably.
You can select between 128GB 0r 256GB of built-in memory for your videos, photos, games, and trending apps. The storage memory is expandable up to 512GB with a microSD card, and hence, you will never fall short of space.
One of the finest things about this device is its smart connectivity with your home devices. It comes with SmartThings app support that lets you adjust temperatures, brighten or dim light, and monitor the front door when setting up linked devices.
As for the gaming, it is a great option to consider given its fast processor and RAM combination along with a powerful battery life of 10 hours.
- Convertible tablet and PC desktop design
- Responsive mobile processor for graphic-intensive games
- Superior AMOLED display and AKG quad speakers
- Lightweight supported with long-lasting battery life
- Fast charging
- No headphone jack support
- No face lock, but 2D-based facial recognition.
3. Best For Students: Microsoft Surface Pro 7
With a 12.3 inches widescreen of 2736 x 1824 resolution, awesome pixel density, and brilliant details, you will never miss even the smallest elements in your game. The ultra-clear vision on Microsoft Surface Pro 7 ensures all your games come to life so that you can enjoy a real-time experience.
It is one of the robustly engineered devices powered by Intel Core i5-1035 processor offering speed up to 1.1GHz rendering huge power you require for playing games or getting things done speedily.
While with Windows OS the best of games may not be available for you, however, the Microsoft Store does have a rich set of games. The tablet performs more as a PC so you can, of course, install the windows version of the game like PUBG, Fortnite, etc.
With its 8GB RAM, it is possible to conveniently perform basic multitasking. The 256GB SSD drive is a flash-based component with no moving parts, and hence, reduces heat production and power load on the battery.
The tablet comes with a smart, black-colored keyboard integrated with YZAKKA accessories and offers Display Port and Bluetooth connectivity with other smart devices at your home.
It’s the best option you can consider if you’re looking for a device that is portable enough to play the games as well study on the go. The Microsoft Surface Pro 7 is a jack of all trades in that case. You can also consider Microsoft Surface Pro if you want a newer and future-proof device
- Features dual cameras with rear and front-facing
- Excellent battery life
- Stereo speakers with Dolby Audio Premium
- Superior resolution and stunning screen display
- RAM size
- Little heavy
4. Value For Money: Lenovo Flex 14
Delivering stunning visuals, impressive speed, and security features makes the Lenovo Flex 14 highly popular among users.
This Lenovo tablet is powered by the new 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Mobile Processor that lets you play all sorts of games and stream movies and videos in high definition.
With RADEON Vega Graphics, it is guaranteed to offer fascinating views for every game you play and everything you do. Its lightning-fast performance lets you explore, browse, and connect responsively and run demanding applications like photoshop simultaneously.
The Flex 14 is a highly functional and versatile design that can be used in tablet and laptop mode depending on the requirements. While the tablet mode is great for intuitive gaming, there are also stand mode for Binge watching and Tent mode for data sharing.
Supported with a digital pen, it lets your creativity flow and allows you to draw, sketch, draw, or write onto the screen with ease. With up to 8 hours of battery life, you can play endlessly and keep going throughout the day.
You never have to worry about your online privacy if you are using this tablet as it is integrated with the TrueBlock Privacy Shutter that lets you physically shut the webcam whenever you don’t want to use it.
- Proven for an enhanced multimedia experience
- Comprehensive protection with Windows 10
- Advanced TrueBlock Privacy Shutter for webcam
- Lightning-fast performance
- The battery does not last much during gaming
- No screen protector
5. Lightweight Option: Asus ZenPad 3S
Finally, we have the Asus ZenPad 3S gaming tablet on our list, which comes in beautiful design, good-quality build, and decent features, all packed in an affordable budget.
The most impressive thing about this tablet is its powerful double core ARM Cortex 2.1GHz processor combined with Quad Core ARM Cortex 1.7GHz and 64-Bit MediaTek processor.
The super-fast Hexa-core processor conveniently handles all games and enhances speed. With its 64GB storage and 4GB RAM, you can store various games and files with ease.
Moreover, it comes with IMG GX6250 graphics powered with 9.7 inches 2KIPS Display 2048 x 1536 resolution with ASUS TruVivid technology. As a result, you gain an enhanced visual experience and enjoy rich gaming to the fullest.
Gaming with this Asus tablet is really fun as its Corning Gorilla Glass screen is protected by a 3 cover glass thereby holding more sturdiness and resistance to external damages.
The device comes with dual cameras of 5MP and 8MP along with 1 microSD card slot and supports up to 128GB SDXC functionality.
The accurate and fast fingerprint sensor makes it a perfect combination of incredible convenience and safety. It is a lightweight and portable design, which is travel-friendly. So if you want an enhanced gaming time without spending too much, this is a great table to go for.
- Powered by ASUS TruVivid Technology offering a great visual experience
- Durable and Sturdy Corning Gorilla glass cover
- Conveniently handles high-speed demanding games
- Comes with front and rear camera
- Offers great security and ease of use
- The battery deteriorates quite fast
- Older processor
6. Best For Archade Games: Apple iPad Air
With fast performance and robust battery, the Apple iPad Air is another great gaming tablet on our list. Its powerful camera lets you play in AR as well as shoot high-definition videos and click photos in just a single touch.
Gaming would be a more immersive experience with its 10.5-inch screen and 2224 x 1668 Retina Display with wide color and True Tone. The stunning color and convenient reading make it possible to play games like Device 6 and Spaceteam even in dim light.
The long-lasting battery life of up to 10 hours makes you enjoy uninterrupted gaming on a single charge and the lightning connector for accessories and charging ensures you are always on the go.
It is a light and thin design that is extremely portable that you can take anywhere and use the entire day. Powered by A12 Bionic Chip delivers fast performance and makes it very easy to run powerful apps. Its Apple pencil support lets you jot down ideas, take notes, and draw with pixel-perfect accuracy.
The SMART keyboard requires no charging, no pairing, and offers quick typing. If you want to enjoy a brilliant gaming experience for long hours, gain robust performance, and enjoy uninterrupted efficiency, go for it.
You can also go for the basic Apple iPad if you’re on a tight budget. It has a 10.2-inch display and comes in 2 storage variants. You can play arcade, racing games or even solve puzzles on the iPad.
- Immersive Display with Rich Color
- Touch ID Fingerprint Sensor
- Apple Play Pencil Support
- Excellent mid-range product
- Ultra-fast connector for accessories and charging
- Less space between keypad buttons
7. Best Battery-Life: Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e
Weighing less than a pound, the Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e is a perfect tablet for those who are true gaming lovers and love playing games on-the-go.
The ultra-fast processor lets you make quick moves even for the heaviest gaming files, while its Quad + AKG audio lets you enjoy thrilling surround sound. Together this makes a huge fascinating experience especially when you are playing online battle or musical games.
This Samsung tablet has a lot more in its thinnest frame. You will be drawn towards its rich display with a 2560 x 1600 pixel and 16:10 ratio widescreen right from the beginning. Hence, you will have the crispest and clear graphics for games, movies, and videos so that even the smallest detail is not missed. You can play PUBG, Temple Run, Candy Crush, Ludo or any other game by downloading it from Play Store.
Moreover, it smartly connects to your entire home devices and lets you control lights, TV, thermostat, and lock doors. A cherry above all is that you also get a safety camera alert.
The device is extremely thin and weighs only 0.88lbs, but has everything that is needed for a brilliant gaming capability. The full charge gives you an immensely lasting battery of up to 14.5 hours and the same powers up quickly with its fast-charging mechanism.
- Ultra-light and thinnest design
- Delivers captivating, clear, and crisp display
- Charges fast and offer a long-lasting battery of 14.5 hours
- Sophisticated, eye-catching metal design
- Smartly connects to home devices
- Some part of memory is pre-occupied with existing content
- Battery power consumption varies depending on usage patterns
8. Best With USB Port: Microsoft Surface Go
Just pick the Microsoft Surface in your preferred color and head towards a fascinating gaming journey.
The Microsoft Surface Go is one of the newest gaming tablets available, which is exclusively designed for exhilarating gaming experience and to efficiently cater to your everyday tasks.
With excellent portability, brilliant touchscreen, and rich Windows and Office experience, it will precisely meet your entire requirements and let you have absolute peace of mind and full enjoyment.
Its high-resolution 10 inches PixelSense display can feel a little smaller but is has rich color contrast that can aid while playing games in sunlight. With a weight of just 1.15 pounds, it is one of the lightest surfaces you might have witnessed till now. The slim and sleek Surface Go is therefore perfect for gaming, working, binge-watching, and browsing.
This Microsoft tablet runs on Windows 10 in S Mode allowing you to do things, which you want with complete protection and lasting performance. It also has Office 365 suite.
Further, the powerful processor is backed with a lasting battery of 9 hours, which ensures you can enjoy uninterrupted gaming throughout the day. The device probably has the best port arrangement on the list with a USB Port, 3.5mm headphone jack and a fast-charger.
It is a tablet-cum-laptop design offering versatile functionalities. This ultra-portable tablet can be perfectly tilted for drawing and writing angles with Surface Pen. Also, it is paired with a novel Surface Mobile mouse that lets you have flawless navigation control.
- PixelSense Touchscreen Display
- Lightweight Yet Durable Engineerings
- Ambient light sensor
- The setup may take quite longer
9. Best For Kids: Fire HD 10
The Fire HD 10 tablet is another great gaming tablet worth buying. Integrated with the big display in 1080p full HD, it offers 30% faster performance than its counterparts in this price range.
It has a powerful 2GHz Octa-Core processor and 2GB RAM. With this combination, you can download games with enhanced Wi-Fi and enjoy them for stretched hours, thanks to the long-lasting battery life of up to 12 hours.
This tablet is exclusively designed for widescreen entertainment, and hence, lets you play games in the widest view. You can watch millions of TV shows movies, songs, and games all on the big screen.
It is designed by Amazon, and hence, comes in a sophisticated, slim form-fitting case with an inbuilt stand allowing for hands-free viewing and playing in portrait and landscape orientations. Also, the screen is protected with a cover holding magnetic closure that lets you carry it easily without worrying about screen damage.
This Fire tablet is incorporated with an award-winning feature of Amazon Free Time that lets parents create profiles for their children to limit screen time, manage content, and establish educational goals. You can even connect it with Alexa to gain information and enjoy unlimited entertainment with voice-command.
Pick this product if you want to enjoy real-time gaming, brilliant graphics, and excellent surround sound along with a multitude of other functionalities.
- HD touchscreen with laminated display
- Built-in Bluetooth support for A2DP compatible speakers, headphones, microphones, and other accessories
- Screen magnifier lets you zoom in and out
- The speakers are not great
- 10% battery drains in standby mode
10. Cheapest Option: Lenovo Smart Tab M10
The Lenovo Smart Tab M10 is an efficiently engineered family tablet that not only renders the most spectacular gaming experience but also lets you enjoy long-lasting entertainment.
The tablet is integrated with a robust Qualcomm Snapdragon Quad-Core 2GHz processor and supports a quick connection ensuring you never miss out on anything and always enjoy the best gaming journey to date.
This Android tablet comes with a 10.1-inch HD display that lets you enjoy rich graphics for all your games. It is tuned by Dolby for power and clarity and is paired with powerful speakers delivering pure and rich sound for your games. Hence, you can enjoy gaming in a room filled with audio that lets you avail yourself of real-time playing wonder.
With this tablet, you can make hands-free audio and video calls. It is also supported by the Alexa app that lets you make quick announcements if you are playing voice-based games.
In addition to playing games, the tablet lets you stream music, watch TV shows and movies. You can connect it with Alexa for voice command access. It is also compatible with smart home devices such as Lenovo Link, WeMo, Ecobee, and others right from the room without leaving your chair.
Great portability and lightweight makes it perfect to take along everywhere you go. This affordable device like a glossy magazine and is one of the stylish companions you can ever have.
- Stylish and robust design with Amazon Alexa
- Fine-tuned by Dolby for great surround sound
- Fast processor and enough storage space
- HD display with a smart screen
- Software is not much promising
- Bluetooth may lose connections at times
We have listed some of the best gaming tablets after reviewing in detail and considering the buyer’s experiences. However, if you want some clear suggestions, here you go:
- If you want the best gameplay, there’s no other than Apple iPad Pro
- In case you’re looking for a good multi-tasking option, check Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
- If you’re a parent and want to get a gaming tablet for your kid, we’d suggest considering Fire HD 10 since it has an LCD IPS display.
- The Lenovo Smart Tab M10 would serve best if you’re on a tight budget.
We have mentioned each detail carefully and are sure you would be able to make a perfect choice. Enjoy gaming with your new tablet!